.girasoles.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

.the next step.



the blinking cursor taunts me. it mocks me. daring me to write.

I've tried for 6 weeks and come up empty every time, knowing that im due for an update.

But how do you summarize adjustment into a life that should be easy? I know this world. I know these people. It's familiar, and it's - comfortable. so, what's the problem?

Well, if I truly explored that question, we'd be here a while. We don't have time for that. So, summarized version? This readjustment has been way more difficult than I anticipated. I've lost my community and immediate access to the only 5 women who walked every inch of this journey with me. I don't really know how to do life outside of community anymore, and that's overwhelming. I'm in the process of trying to merge very different parts of my life, and I don't know how. I'm trying to process and organize what the next step will look like in pursuing the enormous dreams the Lord has laid on my heart to make reality. Dreams that He has blessed me with on how I can better love His people, in His name, around the world, and if I opt to ignore those dreams, I'll never be content. Basically, I'm irrevocably screwed up. Discontent with the ordinary. Forever a gypsy. However you want to phrase it...

Tonight, a friend was gracious enough to lend their ear while this verbal processor talked herself into a more concise explanation of her current situation and plans for the future.

Basically? I'm at a fork where I must make a choice that will launch me in one of two different directions. Do I follow the familiar path of stability that I've loved before the World Race? Or do I risk following a new, often misunderstood, and unknown path? Regardless, I can't stay still. I don't do stagnant, but I know I can't make everyone happy in the pursuit of the next step. So, I'm just sticking with where i feel Him leading. It will be uncomfortable. It might ruffle feathers, but - hey, ive always been good at that.

Right now? Well, I'm finally back in Birmingham and working to make it home again. I'm subbing and preparing to spend my summer back in the jungle at Puerto Alegria. 2 full of months of Peru. I'm might be excited about that...

March? I'm really excited to be heading back to Berlin for a BURN March 8th-17th. I'll be joining Hollis and the Magnet family for a week of worship, good coffee, and electronic monopoly! :)

AUGUST?? The Lord has opened up an amazing opportunity for me this August. Not Forgotten is a nonprofit organization in Birmingham that raises funds for Puerto Alegria, the children's home in Iquitos, Peru where I've served for the last 5 years. Not Forgotten is continuing to grow and has offered me a position on staff with them starting in August. I'll be working alongside some of the greatest people i know to promote awareness of Not Forgotten and needs within the children's home. My JOB will be talking to everyone I know about Peru and helping lead people to the jungle. SERIOUSLY?!? Anyone who knows me might find that amusing. :) If you're interested in serving with me or supporting my future within Peru, PLEASE check out the website @ thenotforgotten.org.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Ms. Kristen, I love you! You are such an example to me!! Thank you for being apart of my life!!!

    ~Romans 15:13~

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...now that is a beautiful outpouring of your heart my dear! you know i support you in all the above and then some. and still looking for that opportunity to serve beside you in peru soon. you are lovely. the end. love ya...m.e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good blog. Very good. Me gusta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is exciting to see God working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmm ... just wandered upon this. you have no idea how this rings true for SOOO many racers - "Basically, I'm irrevocably screwed up. Discontent with the ordinary. Forever a gypsy. However you want to phrase it..."

    i like you. glad to hear your heart.

    ReplyDelete